Johnston City High School's FFA
2020-2021 FFA Chapter Officers:
President: Cade Cockburn
Vice President: Grace Kemp
Sentinel: Austin Todd
Secretary: Danielle Meyers
Treasurer: Andrew Johnson
Reporter: Josie Tanner
The FFA Creed: by Erwin Milton Tiffany
I believe in the future of agriculture, with a faith born not of words but of deeds - achievements won by the present and past generations of agriculturists; in the promise of better days through better ways, even as the better things we now enjoy have come to us from the struggles of former years.
I believe that to live and work on a good farm, or to be engaged in other agricultural pursuits, is pleasant as well as challenging; for I know the joys and discomforts of agricultural life and hold an inborn fondness for those associations which, even in hours of discouragement, I cannot deny.
I believe in leadership from ourselves and respect from others. I believe in my own ability to work efficiently and think clearly, with such knowledge and skill as I can secure, and in the ability of progressive agriculturists to serve our own and the public interest in producing and marketing the product of our toil.
I believe in less dependence on begging and more power in bargaining; in the life abundant and enough honest wealth to help make it so--for others as well as myself; in less need for charity and more of it when needed; in being happy myself and playing square with those whose happiness depends upon me.
I believe that American agriculture can and will hold true to the best traditions of our national life and that I can exert an influence in my home and community which will stand solid for my part in that inspiring task.
What do we do in Future Farmers of America?
FFA is an all around involved organization open to all students who are interested in learning about agriculture!
- We support our fellow school teams
- We host fundraisers
- We work with the community
- We attend Career Development Events (contests)
- We attend heritage conferences
- We attend workshop conferences
- We teach Agriculture in the Classroom
- We sell agricultural products
- We volunteer throughout the community
- We prepare JCHS students for careers in agriculture
- We work with local businesses on projects that benefit the community
- We complete scholarship applications for those interested in an agricultural future
- We judge livestock
- We learn about forestry
PROMOTE AGRICULTURE WHEREVER WE GO!!!